Friday, May 04, 2007

Photo Friday

With apology to my friend Dave Bogner, (treppenwitz) who inspired me to start writing this blog, I have stolen, at least for today, his Photo Friday feature (that I have missed) that he stopped doing for some reason. (Why'd jadoit, Dave?) Read his recent post on the incident with his son and his bike. It was terrific!! So here, as promised, are some, what I think are amazing pictures from the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Fairchild Botanical Tropical Gardens in Miami, and one or two others.
This is one of the Main buildings with a signature Chihuli piece that is breathtaking:



This is a shot of one of the many beautiful tropical plants growing on the grounds.

Note how the pieces blend in to the background!


And finally, the woodpeckers on the trees in the tropical gardens are way bigger than those up North!!!


And Lastly, this was the most amazing sand castle I have ever seen. It was on the Beach in Miami Beach at 39th street.




The Fairchild Botanical gardens is in the Coral Gables section of Miami, and worth the trip. The cost is high, but make sure you ask for the AAA discount! You save a whole dollar!



No comments:

www.e-referrer.com